Monday, April 23, 2007

Tribe 7 Twins 3 (12)


The following are my thoughts on tonight's win over Minnesota.



  1. A very nice, effective start from Sowers tonight. Sowers is going to give up his share of homers, but at least the Hunter homer was a solo homer, and then I thought the other two runs were on a double that had eyes on it. Sowers did work out of several jams and I thought he came through with a gutty performance.

  2. Excellent pitching in relief from the bullpen, every one that took the mound of out of the bullpen was effective and the bullpen pitched perfect ball except for the Hernandez walk in the 12th inning. I must say I was somewhat nervous when I saw Hernandez take the hill in the 11th, but after the walk he seemed to find his stride.

  3. Another great performance from Pronk and it just seems natural for him to get four hits. Just shows that he is more than a power hitter, but us tribe fans have known that all along. All winter long I have been telling people here in PA that Pronk is a better overall hitter than Ryan Howard and finally it is getting through to people outside of northeast Ohio.

  4. Ryan Garko continues his clutch batting with the bloop single that had eyes on it. The hit seemed to open the floodgates in the 12th. I thought Jason Michaels had a great game as well coming in as a pinch hitter and staying in right field. J-Mike is starting to show tribe fans the kind of ballplayer he can be.

  5. I think it could turn out to help us tomorrow in that we made the Twins use 6 pitchers out of their bullpen and if it is a close game tomorrow their bullpen might be a tad bit fatigued.

  6. Lets hope that Fausto can pitch well tomorrow, I think there will be incentive for him to do so since Cliff Lee is scheduled to come off the disabled list in the coming days.

Tomorrow's game is an 8:05 start time Fausto Carmona vs. Johan Santana. Ill have my thoughts posted on the game tomorrow night.


Comments welcomed, I love hearing what others think of my opinions.


No comments: