Saturday, April 28, 2007

1st round Selection Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame (From Dallas)


The Browns traded back into the first round and selected the quarterback they expect to be the face of the franchise. Here are my thoughts on the Quinn selection:



  1. I think Phil Savage was held to pay a steep price but if you want something great you do have to pay the piper.

  2. I think the pressure will not be a big thing to Quinn since he was the quarterback at Notre Dame and that is one of the biggest pressure cookers in college football.

  3. I don't think they will hand the job to Quinn right off the bat, but I do think they will look to deal Charlie Frye and bring in an experience back up in the same mold that Bernie Kosar had Gary Danielson.

  4. I love the confidence that Quinn shows and I think he will carry a chip on the shoulder to all the teams that passed him by especially the Dolphins.

  5. I know the jury is still out on the players we have picked but this has to be one of the most exciting days since the rebirth of the Browns in 1999.

  6. The biggest complaint I think that will be heard after the draft is that we still have needs to fill but I don't think you were going to fill all our needs in the draft this year anyway.

I will be back to blog on our next selection and after the Cavs game 3 today. This has started like one of the best days in Cleveland sports history.


Comments welcomed


ctownsportsfan.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quinn will be a bust. Kevin Kolb will turn out to be the better pick than Brady Quinn in the long term. Kolb was an outstanding value pick for the Eagles and they clearly are having the best draft so far.

Love,

Dave Spadero