Saturday, April 28, 2007

2nd Round Selection Eric Wright CB UNLV (From Dallas)


The Browns selected a corner with a second round pick that they got in another trade with Dallas here are my thoughts on this selection.



  1. 1. I think we are taking a risk on this selection with his character issues but also with the price we paid to get this selection. But if Eric Wright becomes a contributor I think it will be well worth the price it took to get him.

  2. 2. From watching film on Wright and seeing him play in the National Championship game with USC a few years ago this kid is a player and he makes plays. He is a very aggressive corner in pass coverage.

  3. It was imperative to pick a corner in this draft and we might have gotten the best corner in the draft. If Butch Davis would have made this pick I would have serious reservations but since Phil Savage has not really drafted bad character guys I will give him leeway with this selection. I can see this being a player that Jim Brown will work closely and I also think that veteran leaders Willie McGinist and Ted Washington could play a big part in showing Wright the way to be a professional. I also think it helps that Cleveland is not as fast pace city as a New York or Philadelphia.

  4. I think this selection really helps the other corners such as Devan Holly and Jereme Perry.

That should be all the selections for the Browns for today I will be back tomorrow to blog about our second day selections.

No comments: