Saturday, April 28, 2007

1st rouund Selection Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin


The Cleveland Browns today with their first pick have given the fans what they have clamored for, for 9 years a stud offensive lineman. Here are my thoughts on this selection:


  1. I think this is a safe pick and when your picking at #3 you have to pick someone who your sure of is going to be a starter for multiple years.

  2. I think what this signing does it helps the offensive line as a whole with moving Kevin Shaffer to right tackle and we suddenly have great depth with Ryan Tucker coming back and the signing of Seth McKinney.

  3. I wasn't as high on Joe Thomas as many of you had been cause I hadn't seen much action of him and when watching Wisconsin he didn't stand out to me. But to his credit, when you talk about offensive lineman if your watching a game and don't notice them or don't hear their named being called a lot of times that is a good thing.

  4. I think Phil Savage deserves credit from the fans he has given you what you have clamoured for and if the offensive line doesn't do a good job next year its coaching not the general manager who deserves the blame.

  5. I think with this next pick you will see us go after someone on the defensive side of the ball preferably a cornerback or a defensive lineman. Or possibly maybe going after a running back that falls to us at our next selection.

ill be back to blog on our next selection when it is made.

No comments: