Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tribe 6 Twins 4


The following are my thoughts on tonight's win over Minnesota.








  1. 1.The Indians finally showed a good approach and did a nice job of situational hitting. Scoring 4 runs off Johan Santana is more than I expected tonight.




  2. Fausto Carmona was nasty tonight. This team has to find a spot on the pitching staff for Carmona when Cliff Lee comes off the DL. The thing that I take notice about Carmona is that when he pitches the batter hardly ever makes good contact.




  3. It never gets old seeing your team a top the standing in the AL Central, and please don't say I'm overreacting, I know were not thought April yet, and I don't put a lot into standings right now but it is nice to see this club get off to a good start. Keep in mind the last two years the White Sox and Tigers got off to blazing starts and ran away with the division, and yes I am cognizant that the Tigers didn't win the division but they got out to such a huge lead they still got the wild card.




  4. I never thought I would see three weeks into a season the leader in saves have 8 saves and a 10.00 ERA. But if you throw out Borowski's first save in Chicago, and the meltdown at Yankee Stadium his saves have been relatively uneventful.




  5. I must ask where is the national media outrage about the sick and disgusting act of booing Shin Soo Choo in Minnesota on Monday night because he just happens to be Korean in the wake of the Virginia Tech shooting. Folks come on do you really honestly think he had something to do with it? Choo worked his but off this spring to get a chance and he didn't pout when he had to go down to Buffalo and the first game he makes it to the show and this is what he gets. I know ESPN only cares about the Red Sox and Yankees but if you claimed to be the worldwide leader in sports this needed to be discussed on your airwaves. I must also say that if this event happened in a market like Cleveland or say Philadelphia we wouldn't here the end of it from the blowhards in the national media. Folks sorry for going off on a tangent, but this act by the Twins fan needs to be talked about.




Up next is a two game series with Texas at the Jake. CC takes the hill against Vicente Padilla.









I will have my thoughts on late Wednesday night on the Tribe and Cavs game.





No comments: