Sunday, April 22, 2007

5 thoughts on Cavs and Tribe wins




Welcome to my new blog on Cleveland sports on blogspot.com. To those who have read my blog on pennlive.com. I had to change over to blogspot when I had problems with them after I changed over to my new Dell computer.

Ok let’s get down to business. These are my five thoughts on today’s Cleveland Cavaliers Game 1 in the NBA playoffs.

1. It is so weird how much less buzz there is too me about this series as compared to last year’s first round series against Washington. I predicted that the Cavs would win in 5 since if you look at this team’s history all year long with playing to the level of sub par competition after big wins over quality teams.

2. Now I am not part of the fan base who thinks Mike Brown is a complete idiot and I think for being a second year coach he has done as well as you realistically could have thought that a second year coach could do in this situation. I think he tries to coach this team like Larry Brown coached the 76ers. Have a star player carry the team and sprinkle in complementary role players.
3. My big criticism of Coach Brown is where was Daniel Gibson today, I know he is a rookie and I don’t expect him to play 30 minutes, but when Ira Newble plays more than Gibson something is wrong.
4. I know in playoff time you shorten the bench but 44 minutes from Larry Hughes and 22 from Eric Snow is entirely too much against a team that struggles to score 80 points. I would like to see Hughes play 35 minutes and Snow play 10 to 15 minutes.
5. I was not as bent out of shape by our sluggish performance today as the TNT crew was. It was obvious to any one watching this game that this team knew that they could run away from the Wizards when they wanted to. I also think as the series goes on we will wear the Wizards out down on the block. Let’s be honest here, Michael Ruffin, Brenda Haywood, and Etan Thomas don’t scare anyone.


Here are my five thoughts on the Indians big win today.

1. I really do think today’s game was a must win. Not only would of losing two of three to the Rays would have been bad enough but we would have been under .500 for the first time all year.
2. I have grown increasingly aggravated with Casey Blake’s lack of hitting with runners on base, but today when Marte went down he gives this team so many options when a injury happens to someone who isn’t a middle infielder

3. The other thing that really bugs the heck out of me with this team is no matter who it is, but whenever we face a rookie pitcher they always befuddle this team no matter how good or bad that certain pitcher is.

4. It was nice to see Jake Westbrook pitch like the Jake Westbrook of old and gave the Tribe a solid quality start.

5. Monday and Tuesday is a big series with the Twins, but I think after 3 weeks this team is in good shape. 1.5 games out of first and a game over .500. I think the biggest thing with this division is that no one has run away from the pack.

I will try and get back in the mode of posting my five thoughts after all the Indians and Cavs game and some time upcoming this week I will have a Browns draft preview post.

Comments welcomed.

1 comment:

The Cleveland Steam said...

nice thoughts on the minutes