Monday, July 16, 2007

White Sox 11 Tribe 10


I'm back from my weekend in the beautiful city of Cleveland. Had a great time and saw three good games over the weekends. Ok here are my thoughts on tonight's loss:


  1. I personally thought Cliff Lee wasn't as bad as the score would indicate. He never pitches well against the White Sox but it was deflating to fall behind again like we did on Friday and Saturday. After watching him over the past couple of weeks Lee seems to lack focus and really needs to bear down and make some good pitches.

  2. The one thing that really drives me crazy with the whole pitching staff this year is how poorly they pitch when they get a hitter down in the count 0-2. I'm not saying waste a pitch but please no fastballs right down Broadway.

  3. I was a little disappointed to see only 23000 people there tonight. I know tickets aren't cheap but this team plays with the heart and passion we love in a team and they definitely deserve more support during the week at home.

  4. I think we might have seen the end of Fernando Cabrera as an Indian tonight. When your trying to be a championship ball club you cant have someone who is so wildly inconsistent.

  5. You had to like what you saw out of Jensen Lewis tonight. I know he walked a few but he still battled and got out of a couple jams. If he is going to stick in the bullpen he needs to avoid the base on balls. But the one thing t hat I noticed with him is that he does have a deceptive delivery.

  6. Also great job of scoreless relief by Stanford and Perez. Perez needs to keep pitching in close games. The guy made Jim Thome look terrible out there tonight.

The Tribe will get right back at it tommorrow night as Paul Byrd faces Jon Garland at 7:05

No comments: