Monday, July 23, 2007

Red Sox 6 Tribe 2

The Cleveland Indians returned home tonight and lost 6-2 to the Boston Red Sox at Jacobs Field. Here are my thoughts on the game:
  1. Jake Westbrook was not good at the onset of the game tonight. I know he pitched better after the second inning. But he needs to be better from the get go. I know we have a great come from behind ball club but we cant keep falling behind by five runs to start a game off.
  2. I think fatigue played a little bit of a factor. Right around the time our game started Boston was arriving in Cleveland and resting up for tonight's game. MLB really needs to look into making the Rangers play Sunday afternoon games.
  3. I will give credit to Jake Westbrook for saving the bullpen tonight in the fact that he went 6 innings.
  4. Jensen Lewis had an even better outing tonight. I think the kid deserves to keep pitching at this level.
  5. The game was lost tonight when we couldn't get any runs in when down three runs and had the bases loaded.
  6. I'm not trying to be cruel here. But please ESPN I knew you couldn't resist from making tonight the Jon Lewis telethon for cancer. He even stated before the game he wanted this to just be about baseball.

The Tribe will get back at it tomorrow night as CC Sabathia faces Daisuke Matsusaka.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where the hell are the Browns Training camp updates?