Monday, July 9, 2007

5 things I hate about the All Star Home Run Derby

During the all star break I thought I would vent on an event that absolutely drives me crazy. So here goes:
  1. Chris Berman: I mean this guy's comedy ended being funny in about 1986. I mean when your introducing the contestants to the fan's would it be too much for you to leave out your dumb ass nicknames. Is there a sporting event on ESPN that he doesn't have to barge his way into and ruin.
  2. The dumb contestants who try to win a house: I swear to god these people look like they have never seen a baseball field in their life.
  3. Time: This event lasts longer than a college basketball game and my god how many commercial breaks does ESPN need.
  4. Joe Morgan: If this guy paid a compliment to a white player it would be a miracle. Quite simply he is ESPN's version of Jesse Jackson.
  5. The softball interview with Bud Selig: Would it kill Berman to ask some tough questions? Like about the dumb rule about every team represented or the archaic blackout rules.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PURE GENIUS TOM, PURE GENIUS. This might be the best blog entry you have ever made. Berman is a douche bag and hopefully it is only a matter of time before he needs a quadruple bypass and decides to retire. Bud Selig should do the world a favor and drop off the face of the earth. Back to Berman - the guy was fun doing nfl primetime when only diehards watched the show, but over the years he has become a bloated, womanizing, boorish arrogant version of himself. You're with me, leather.