Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tribe 6 White Sox 5 11 innings


The Cleveland Indians got back on the winning track tonight at Jacobs Field with a big 6-5 win over the White Sox at Jacobs Field. Here are my thoughts on the game:


  1. Paul Byrd was good early and then it seemed like he just hit a brick wall. He really wasn't himself with walking batters and leaving the ball up in the zone.. He still only gave up four runs in six innings minimized the damage.

  2. This was just the case of another game that we really should not have any business winning but the belief this team has in itself is that they expect to win every game they are a run or two down in the late innings.

  3. I'm all for aggressive base running, but the sending of Ben Francisco on the shallow fly out in the 8th inning was not aggressive it was pure stupidity.

  4. I thought the bullpen pitched well again tonight and I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Tom Mastny but I don't think he is a guy to depend on in the 7th and 8th inning in close ballgames. So I still say a late innings reliever to go with Borowski, Betancourt, and Perez is the most important need. Hopefully, with Fultz set to go on a rehab he will help stabilize the pen.

  5. I'm not one for bashing the general manager but what in the hell is Fernando Cabrera still doing on the roster. I mean I understand not wanting to bring up another young reliever but jeez Matt Miller would be much better than Cabrera right now.

  6. The win was big tonight in keeping pace with the Tigers and gaining a game on the Twins and Mariners.

No comments: