Monday, July 2, 2007

Tribe 10 Rays 2


The Cleveland Indians completed a four game sweet of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays tonight at Jacobs Field. Here are my thoughts on the game:


  1. I thought Fausto got back on track tonight with a solid start. I thought he had good stuff and got some ground outs but surprisingly he had his career high in strikeouts as well. The strikeouts I think are an indication of just how free swinging and aggressive Tampa Bay is.

  2. Outstanding job tonight by Rafael Perez in getting out of a bases loaded no out jam. Also was good to see him have an outstanding outing after struggling his last time out. I think as time goes on this year he will become our number one lefty out of the bullpen.

  3. Ben Francisco had another outstanding game tonight. It is very evident when you watch him play he has great raw and natural ability. I also like the fact that he doesn't let the pressure get to him and he has a smile on his face when he is in the game.

  4. I thought tonight the big 7 run inning was huge because it let Betancourt rest after pitching a third of an inning and it gave Borowski the night off.

  5. I don't need to tell anyone that this Detroit series is huge but if we can take two out of three it can really propel us into the all star break.

The Indians head to Detroit for a 7:05 start as Paul Byrd faces Nate Robertson.


No comments: