Friday, May 18, 2007

Tribe 9 Reds 4


The Cleveland Indians took the first game in the battle of Ohio tonight at Jacobs Field. Here are my thoughts on tonight's victory:


  1. Cliff Lee pitched well after a shaky second inning in which he gave up four runs. But he regained form and pitched well the rest of the game. Also I have never seen a pitcher who constantly gets such run support that Lee has gotten in the last three years as a starter for the Tribe.

  2. When watching this team play at home I get the vibe from them that they just expect to win every game they play at home. This is a welcomed site after the last few years watching Indians team struggle playing at Jacobs Field.

  3. Nice to see another quality effort out of the bullpen by Roberto Hernandez and Aaron Fultz finishing the game out.

  4. Grady really seems to be locked in at the plate now and with Garko and Pronk picking up the pace I think this team is about to really start to catch fire.

  5. To all my readers who were down at the game or just downtown in the Gateway District let me know how crazy was it. I honestly can say I wish I was in Cleveland on nights like this.

The Indians will continue their series with the Reds tomorrow night at the Jake with Jeremy Sowers facing off against Matt Belisle at 7:05.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having been an Indians fan for over 50 years since the days of SS Chico Carrasquel from Venezuela....I am once again enjoying the season.
I am not too sure about Sowers tomorrow. He has been very poor so far this year. If we score about ten runs I might be more confident.