Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cavs 109 Pistons 107 2 OT


The Cleveland Cavaliers won a thriller in double overtime tonight at Detroit tonight in Game 5 of the NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs. Here are my thoughts on tonight's epic win:


  1. Now I'm 30 years old, but I cannot remember a more exciting and memorable game in Cleveland sports history. I was not here for the Miracle at Richfield or the Browns championship in 1964.

  2. This win cannot be overstated the momentum that comes from this win is huge. But also we still have to come out on Saturday with the same intensity and focus.

  3. I think overall Mike Brown coached a great game. I know people will hammer him for the wasted timeout at the end of the first overtime. But it was clear he once again out coached Flip Saunders.

  4. Another big factor in the win tonight was that we won the third quarter.

  5. It was so evident tonight that Detroit came with every thing they had early and I think it really frustrated them that they could never put us away.

  6. I looked back at the box score of this game and I really think the fatigue factor will hurt Detroit more because they had four players play over 45 minutes. The Cavs only had Lebron playing 50 minutes and Sasha with 42 minutes.

  7. I thought Larry Hughes played excellent tonight when he was in.

  8. I thought the officials really were heavy on the whistle tonight but I really think they were consistent and that is really all you can ask for.

  9. Friday will be a great day I think the National Media should just call it Lebron Appreciation Day. Skip Bayliss I cant wait to see you eat crow tomorrow.

  10. Saturday is a day I cant wait for and the city of Cleveland will be on a national stage and the city will be electric.

  11. I would love to hear responses from everyone what they did as they were watching this classic Cleveland sports moment.

ctownsportsfan.blogspot.com


comments welcomed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tommy - - Lebron played ok, but it pales in comparison to what lunch pail guys like Jon Runyan do on a daily basis for the eagles.