Friday, May 4, 2007

Orioles 3 Tribe 2


The Cleveland Indians started their road trip with a tough 3-2 loss tonight in Baltimore. The following are my thoughts on tonight's loss:


  1. Excellent start by Paul Byrd tonight. I thought he really only made one bad pitch. I have heard people clamoring to trade Byrd, but I really think he is a professional and someone that the younger pitchers on the staff can learn from. His professionalism and competitiveness are two traits that should not be overlooked.

  2. I know Betancourt let in the tying run tonight but I wasn't expecting him to be perfect for the rest of the season. I think I speak for a lot of people in saying he is the most consistent pitcher in the bullpen.

  3. It seems that lately in my blog when I call out a player he then goes on to have a nice contribution in the very next game. i.e Roberto Hernandez and Casey Blake. Nice to see Casey get a big two run homer. Hopefully that can break him out of his funk in hitting with runners in scoring position.

  4. Our defensive woes came back to the surface tonight hopefully this can be corrected but it played a big part in the loss tonight.

The Indians continue their four game series with Baltimore tomorrow night, as Jeremy Sowers takes the hill against Baltimore's young phenom Daniel Cabrera.


No comments: