Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Tribe 7 Blue Jays 6 (11 innings)


The Indians beat the Blue Jays for the second straight night in a 11 inning affair that took over 4 hours to complete. The following are my thoughts after tonight's win:



  1. Jake Westbrook went down with a lower abdominal injury. Sounds like something similar to what put Cliff Lee on the shelf. So it sounds like Fausto wont need to unpack in Buffalo.

  2. I thought the bullpen kept things in tact tonight for the most part. Some of the relievers pitched great others not so great. But they never let the game get away from us.

  3. I don't know about you? But I have been very impressed with the Masterpiece Tom Mastny. He comes in throws strikes, works quickly, and has been very effective. I think I speak for a lot of Tribe fans out there when I say we would welcome more of the Masterpiece and less of #39 Roberto Horrendous.

  4. In the last week I have been really impressed with the play of David Dellucci. He is starting to heat up and getting some hits to start rallies as well as clutch hits to drive runs in. Same can be said for Trot Nixon. Also give credit to Eric Wedge for going with the hot bats even when lefties have come in the game.

  5. Hopefully tonight's win has a carry over affect like the last two extra inning wins have had for us. We need Cliff Lee to give us some innings tomorrow. To say the bullpen is fatigued would be an understatement.

The series wraps up tomorrow when Cliff Lee makes his 2007 debut against Dustin McGowan at 7:05.

No comments: