Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tribe 5 Braves 2


The Cleveland Indians salvaged one game of their three game series with the Atlanta Braves today at Jacobs Field. These are my thoughts on the game:


  1. Another great performance by Fausto Carmona this afternoon. I think it is becoming very evident that he has electric stuff and he makes really good hitters look terrible at the plate.

  2. We still didn't swing the bats great but persevered and found a way to get 5 runs across the plate. Plus, with Carmona on the mound and pitching with 5 runs a win seems like a lock.

  3. We really threw the leather out their today. Two great catches by Jason Michaels and an outstanding catch by Grady. I still standby my statement that had Michaels been in the game for defense on Friday night we would have won the game. I think Michaels has made a case to warrant more playing time by the way he has hit both righties and lefties.

  4. The bullpen was again good and closed down the game for us to get the win.

  5. With the win today we held onto a slim one game lead. The next series will be huge with the Phillies as the Tigers are playing the lowly Nationals.

The Indians will return to the Jake tomorrow as Cliff Lee faces Cole Hamels.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SPURS 83 CAVS 82

The Cavs were swept by the Spurs in game 4 of the NBA finals. Here are my thoughts.


1) All through this series I have felt the thing that has killed us the most has been the fact that the Spurs were the better team

2) I was watching ESPN 2 the day after the game and Skip Bayless made a great point - LeBron needs to do what Magic and Michael did and develop his mid range jumper instead of the hanging fade away. Bayless called LeBron 'LeBrick James' and I have to agree.

3) LeBron James reminds me of Shaq - - for years Shaq played in Orlando and got to the runners up spot once or twice, but never won the big one until he left for a big market. Expect the same for LeBron. He'll win as soon as he is out of Cleveland. The Cavs have zero shot due to their salary cap situation. The Hughes, Snow, and Illgaskus contracts are devastating and wont expire until LeBron has left for Brooklyn.

4) It was great to see the Gateway complex so packed like it was for game four, even though WE lost. I know at the game I was hugging people I had never met when WE were making baskets, but this is what is so great about the City of Cleveland.

5) We really threw the leather out their today. Two great catches by Jason Michaels. I think Michaels has made a case to warrant more playing time, and if he is lucky maybe even warrant more arrests if he can find a cop to punch.