Friday, June 15, 2007

Braves 5 Tribe 4


The Indians lost the opening game of a three game series with the Atlanta Braves tonight at Jacobs Field. Here are my thoughts on the game:


  1. CC was not as good as he has been in the past but still pitched well for 8 innings and then came apart in the 9th inning. I know Borowski probably wasn't available I would still have liked to see us let Betancourt or Hernandez try and close the game out. CC earned major points with me for taking the blame for the loss even though I thought he was running on fumes in the 9th inning.

  2. I know the offense is still struggling but we did a good job of manufacturing 3 runs and getting a big homer from Casey Blake in the 8th inning.

  3. The one thing I have really noticed lately is that it seems like every time Garko is up he has a huge uppercut swing and just swinging for the fences. He doesn't seem to be getting the clutch hits he got with runners in scoring position that he did last year.

  4. The other thing I will criticize Eric Wedge for why in the 9th inning was Jason Michaels not inserted for defense in left field. I know its easy to criticize with the result but just my opinion.

The Tribe will get back at it tomorrow at 3:55 with Paul Byrd facing John Smoltz.

No comments: