Monday, August 20, 2007

Lions 23 Browns 20


Here are my thoughts on Saturday night's loss to Detroit:


  1. Charlie Frye and Derek Anderson were inconsistent yet again. I thought Frye was more of control than Anderson. Frye seems to have a good grasp of the offense he just his hampered by a lack of talent. When I look at Anderson's play he seems to really have a tough time grasping the offense and that when he is in the game things are going at a thousand miles per hour and he is just trying to catch up. This being said the debate between the two of them on who to start really isn't that important, because there not going to be a starting quarterback for more than 5 or 6 games. If I was in charge I would name Frye the starter, move Anderson and keep Dorsey as a mentor to Quinn. I like having Dorsey on the roster because he knows this offense as good as Coach Chud does.

  2. I was impressed with Brady's performance but like everyone has said we shouldn't over exaggerate it. The things I was most impressed with in Quinn's performance were that he took what the defense gave him and played with poise in a situation where a lot of young quarterbacks would just try and make the big play. He also earned points in my book for his control of the huddle and the fact that he answered the questions from the media in a professional manner and knows he needs time to grow.

  3. Jamal Lewis looked strong again on Saturday night. I really think we should limit his carries in the next two games to keep him fresh for the start of the season. I also think the battle for the 3ed running back spot on the roster is very interesting and I would give the nod to Barclay over Harrison.

  4. It was good to see Braylon play well in catching a few balls and laying a block on Frye's 15 yard run. It would be nice if the Browns would find a way to get Jurevicius a catch in the preseason.

  5. The offensive line as a whole has played solid despite playing without Steinbach. They have given the quarterbacks more than enough time to find receivers and have done a decent job in run blocking.

  6. The defensive line continues to be a weakness on the team and unless we add someone of importance before the season starts it will continue to be an area of concern.

  7. I thought the linebackers had another outstanding game. I love the way Wimbley and Peek feed off each other play with passion and get pressure on the quarterback. Wimbley also has improved in his play against the run.

  8. Kudos go to Eric Wright for not giving up a reception to Calvin Johnson. Also, I think the team should really limit the snaps Leigh Bodden sees in the next two games so like Jamal Lewis he is ready for the Steelers in Week 1.

No comments: