Sunday, October 7, 2007

Yankees 8 Tribe 4

The Cleveland Indians lost Game 3 of their AL Division Series tonight at Yankee Stadium. Here are my thoughts on tonight's game:
  1. Jake Westbrook started and was effective for 4 innings before the Yankees caught up to him in the 5th inning. I know Jake was effective early but he still didn't throw enough of strikes.
  2. Trot Nixon got the surprise start tonight which I was OK with since he had great success against Clemens and game through with 2 hits and 2 RBI's but gave those runs back with his error. I know other people who hate the guy wont like the move but I wont go crazy either way.
  3. The bullpen was effective again. I really think all we will need is 5 quality innings out of Paul Byrd tonight and then go to the quartet of Lewis, Perez, Betancourt, and Borowski.
  4. I know the national media will say the Yankees got their offense back on track but to me I wouldn't be so sure. Also, I like the way we did battle when we were down five runs.
  5. In this series I have always felt the magic number of runs for a win would be 5 and I still feel that way going to tomorrow night. I seriously hope Wedge takes the initiative and treats it as a must win game.

No comments: